Additional Learning Support Coordinator
Additional Learning Support Coordinator – Permanent
37 hrs per week – Term Time Only + 5 Days
Required to work to 6pm on a rota basis within our Achievement Centre study area
We are looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic and passionate Additional Learning Support Officer, who is keen to continuously improve the classroom experience of our students. Highly motivated and resilient you will have a genuine desire to improve the life chances of our young people. The successful candidate will work within a successful and hardworking team. RSFC has an excellent reputation and this is a real opportunity for you to make your mark.
You will be joining RSFC at a very exciting time in its development and there are always opportunities for career progression for hardworking and resilient colleagues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To coordinate the Additional Learning Support (ALS) offer ensuring that all students with Additional Learning Needs (ALN) are achieving their potential and that appropriate strategies are employed by the Learning Support Officers (LSOs) on a day to day basis.
- To coordinate the timely completion of reports and ensure that liaison with teachers and SPDLs (Student Performance and Development Leaders) is effective and solution focused.
- To develop effective links with SENCOs in partner schools to manage the effective transition of students with ALN.
- To implement agreed learning support with individuals/groups and support teaching staff in the learning and development of students.
- To provide detailed and specialist skills/knowledge within the field of SEN (special educational needs)/ ALN (additional learning needs).
- To coordinate the exam concessions assessments and subsequent Form 8 documentation under the guidance of the Assistant Principal.
- To liaise with appropriate schools/agencies with regards to the EHC plans and implement subsequent review points.
- Contribute towards the development of appropriate study skills support and Achievement Centre placements.
Applications should be returned to Kate Cullen, PA to Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 12 noon on Friday 20th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th September 2019.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject an enhanced DBS and background check.
All appointments will be made on the nationally agreed Sixth Form College pay spine based on qualification and experience. The salary for this post is Points 29-32 currently £23,496 to £25,725 (actual for term time plus 5 days is £20,820 to £22,795).