Notice about how we use your personal information
We are the data controller of personal information about you. We are Altus Education Partnership. Our address is: Rochdale Sixth Form College, College Road, Rochdale, OL12 6HY.
Our Data Protection Officer is Laura Harrison. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This notice sets out how we use your personal information as your employer or when you apply for a job with us and in particular:
- the information that you give us;
- the uses made of your personal information;
- the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information;
- how long we keep your personal information:
- how we share your personal information;
- how we transfer your personal information outside of Europe; and
- your rights over your personal information.
THE INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US
We will collect personal information from you when you apply for a job with us. This will include your: name; address; phone number; email; date of birth; DofE number; NI number; current employment details including job title, start and end dates, current salary, notice period, reason for leaving; all past employment details; education details; interests; whether you are related to any personnel of the College or Governing Body; references; special arrangement details for interview; criminal record details; Disclosure Barring Service check, including European Economic Area (EEA) check; Prohibition from Management check; Prohibition from Teaching check; Check of Barred List/List 99; Pre‑employment Health Questionnaire/Medical Report.
We will collect personal information from you when you are a new starter and become an employee of the College. This will be your: name; marital status; previous surname(s); address; date of birth; occupation/department; type of employment; phone number; email addresses; NI number; start date; next of kin and contact details; bank details; pension details; statement about employment; student loan details; offer letters; employment terms and conditions; changes to your terms and conditions; certifications/qualifications, disciplinary, grievance, capability, job descriptions, sickness absences, maternity/paternity/adoption information; accidents and injuries at work; working time information; annual leave records; recruitment information; photo; payroll details; gender; flexible working; exit interviews; return to work notifications; parental leave request forms; appraisal/performance; bank account number; sort code; disqualification information; sickness absences; medical information.
THE USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information set out above as follows:
- for the recruitment process and for carrying out pre‑employment checks;
- for safeguarding students;
- for checking your identity and right to work in UK;
- for checking your qualifications;
- to keep an audit trail of the checks we have made and our relationship with you in case of employment claims;
- to set up payroll and pension and to reimburse expenses;
- for dealing with HMRC;
- for communicating with you;
- for carrying out our role as your employer or potential employer.
We treat your personal information with confidentiality and we do not use it for any other purposes.
THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information on the basis that it is necessary for performing our employment contract with you, or it is necessary to take steps before entering into the contract with you. We also collect and use your personal information on the basis that we need to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations.
Where we collect your special category personal information, we do this on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of carrying out our obligations in the field of employment law. Special categories of personal data are personal data that reveal a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religions or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data (i.e. information about their inherited or acquired genetic characteristics, information about their physical, physiological or behavioural characteristics (such as facial images and fingerprints), physical or mental health, sexual life or sexual orientation and criminal records).
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need it for the purposes we have explained above.
When you apply for a job with us, but your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your personal information for 6 months.
When you are an employee, we will keep your personal information for as long as you work with us and then after you leave, we will keep your personal information for 6 years in line with the data retention policy.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share the personal information that you give us with the following organisations (or types of organisation) for the following purposes.
Organisation / type of organisation:
- Civica to set up payroll and pension and to reimburse expenses
- Sage Payroll to set up payroll and pension and to reimburse expenses
- The Local Authority, Schools HR team for carrying out pre‑employment checks
- Health Management for occupational health services
HOW WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside of Europe.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly‑used, machine‑readable format.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. Any changes we make to our privacy notice for staff in the future will be notified to you by email.