- Any student who feels unhappy with the way they have been treated by any member of staff (teaching or support), student or other member of the Altus Education Partnership, should be encouraged to make a complaint. This procedure also applies to parents of students, applicants, neighbours of Rochdale Sixth Form College or any member of the public.
- Complaints can be made formally or informally, verbally or in writing. Anonymous complaints will be considered, though this complaints procedure will not be followed. Complaints involving a Principal should be addressed to the Chair of the Altus Education Partnership, c/o Rochdale Sixth Form College, College Road, Rochdale OL12 6HY.
- It is preferable, both for the person making the complaint and the one against whom the complaint is made, that the complaint is taken up at the time of the problem and resolved by the parties concerned informally. When this has not been possible, complaints may be put in writing addressed to the PA to the Principal of Rochdale Sixth Form College. The envelope should be marked Private and Confidential. The complaint will be date stamped on receipt and entered on to a complaints log.
- Any complaint will be taken seriously and investigated by a Senior Leadership Team member as delegated by the Principal at that academy. In the case of a complaint involving a principal, the Chair of the Board of Trustees will nominate a person (who may be independent of the Trust) to the Trust to carry out the investigation. The complainant will be informed of the outcome, giving reasons for the decision, within 20 working days from the complaint being received.
- If a complainant is not satisfied with the manner in which a complaint has been handled, then he/she should lodge an appeal in accordance with the following procedure:-
- Appeals should be directed to the Principal of the academy who will then investigate the complaint personally and provide a written response to the complainant within 10 working days of receipt of the appeal.
- In the event that a Principal has been personally involved with the original complaint, then the appeal should be directed to the Chair of the Board of Trustees. The Chair of the Board of Trustees will investigate the complaint personally or nominate an appropriate person to do so. After consideration a written response will be sent by the Chair of the Board of Trustees to the complainant within 15 working days from receipt of the appeal.
- All appeals should be addressed to PA to the Principal at Rochdale Sixth College address and marked Private and Confidential, for the attention of the Principal or the Chair of the Board of Trustees as appropriate.
- If the complainant is still not satisfied, he/she may refer the matter to the ESFA Complaints team, Skills Funding Agency, Cheylesmore House, Quinton Road, Coventry, CV1 2WT or firstname.lastname@example.org.