What If My Son / Daughter Is Absent?
Your son/daughter has received information relating to our expectations for attendance and punctuality. Our expectations are summarised below for your information.
Excellent attendance is one of the key factors to a student’s success at the College. It is the students responsibility to have a high attendance rate and prompt start to all classes – this is a top priority. Attendance is always required on references for universities and employers!
Your son/daughter’s SPDL will review their attendance on a daily basis and will discuss any difficulties/concerns relating to attendance or punctuality with them on a regular basis. Your son/daughter’s attendance record is available to view on Cedar and you will receive a text message each day an absence is recorded.
- Hospital or orthodontist appointments which cannot be arranged outside College hours, backed by evidence of an appointment card or letter from the health provider to Student Admin
- A family bereavement
- Attendance at a family funeral, a letter/phone call is required from a parent/carer
- Religious festivals notified in advance (24 hours) by a letter/ phone call from a parent/carer
- Visit to a university to attend an open day or interview; a career related interview or audition, production of a letter required before to the student's SPDL
- Driving test and theory test (not a lesson), evidence required
- Illness (a student's SPDL will discuss any specific support arrangements a student requires for longer term illnesses and any unique circumstances they may have)
- Holidays during term time
- Doctor’s/Dentist’s appointment
- Part or full time work
- Leisure activities
- Birthdays or similar celebrations
- Religious festivals not notified at least 24 hours in advance
- Babysitting younger siblings
- Accompanying family members to appointments
- Driving lessons
- Exclusion from lessons or the College site
- Any permitted absence where evidence is required but has not been provided
- Work experience - not in enrichment time
- Your son/daughter’s full name and date of birth
- Reason for absence
- First date of absence (and time if less than a full day)
- Last date of absence if known (and time if less than a full day)